…and other Ugandanisms i’ve noticed so far:
- Lugenglish is what i coined when Ugandans are speaking one language, then randomly switch without warning. It happens all the time.
- “No one in Uganda is in a hurry unless they have a motor.”
- General rule of thumb: everything takes about 3x as long here – food, lines, conversations, etc… (went to a restaurant in Kampala where our food took about 1:45 minutes just to come out.
- There is always room for more… last week i took a taxi out of the city; it was a 14 passenger van. there were 23 of us in it.
- People feed you SO MUCH food!
- mud. it’s a burnt orange, and it gets on/in/under everything.